A while back I painted, printed and embellished fabric squares.
Below is a fabric square which I later embellished with buttons (and a few snaps).
Below is the fabric square which I embellished with beads.
I decided it was time for a new purse; so I used two of my embellished fabric squares (for the front and back), one painted square (for the sides and bottom) and a fat quarter of fabric printed from a scan of the beaded square (for handles, top and pouches).
Below are some views of my new purse.
I forgot to take photos while I was putting the purse together until the very end when I was sewing in the zipper top. I add zippers to the tops of my purses now because I've lost some things that fell out of open topped purses.
Below is a view of the purse - trying to show the front, back, zippered top and straps. The fabric I used for the straps and top is a printed piece of fabric professionally made from a scan I took of the front panel (I used Spoonflower). Also, because of the delicacy of the bead work, I covered the front panel with matte gel; it's an experiment to see if the gel will keep the beads from getting broken or ripped off from the purse.
This is the back panel. You can see where I embellished the fabric with buttons - and I also put buttons on the base of each strap - to tie the front and back together.
Here's a view from the top.You can see the lining (I used commercial fabric; it has two zippered inside pockets) and the two pouches I made from the remaining fabric from Spoonflower.
It may sound strange, but I'm really happy to be back to using a purse I made myself. For the past two months, I've been using a store-bought purse and it just doesn't seem right.